There is always something profoundly satisfying about eating home made bread rolls. Which is fascinating really, because they’re so crazy-easy that it makes no sense that we should be so smug each time we tuck into a fresh-from-the-oven doughy delight. But, we do. And I for one don’t see the novelty wearing off anytime soon. And when said fresh-from-the-oven doughy delight is paired with this beautifully light but rich Mediterranean Delicacies Smoked Snoek Terrine, the result is kind of amazing. I am pretty sure you’ll have no trouble scoffing the spoils of your kitchen labours if you give this a whirl.
Smoked Snoek Terrine with Rustic Parmesan Bread Rolls
Serves 4 | Preparation time 5 minutes | Cooking time 15 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the rustic parmesan bread rolls
100g regular cake flour (about 2/3 cup)
1 level tsp baking powder
50g soft butter
½ cup grated parmesan or cheese of your choice
2-3 Tbsp natural yoghurt
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 extra egg yolk, lightly beaten, for brushing the bread rolls (optional)
1 tub of Mediterranean Delicacies Smoked Snoek Terrine
WHAT TO DO
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C and lightly grease a baking tray, and dust with flour, tipping off the excess.
2. In a food processor or large mixing bowl, combine all the bread roll ingredients together until just combined. Then remove the dough and knead it gently on a floured surface for 1-2 minutes (or keep it tidy and knead gently inside a mixing bowl).
If the dough is too wet add in a little more flour, it should not stick to your hands excessively.
3. Roll palm-sized balls and place on to the baking tray. Brush with an egg yolk wash if you like. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until golden and a skewer or knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the rolls.
4. Serve the rolls fresh out of the oven with Mediterranean Delicacies Smoked Snoek Terrine on the side.
Enter the Mediterranean Delicacies great give-away competition
“WIN a gourmet pasta maker, a beautiful cheese board, a selection of wines and a fantastic Mediterranean Delicacies hamper” by clicking HERE
To find out more about the delicious Mediterranean Delicacies range of products, visit their Website or Facebook pages.
* Please note that this is the second of 4 sponsored articles I will be doing for Mediterranean Delicacies. Also, I don’t just post sponsored articles willy-nilly, however I believe that the products produced by Mediterranean Delicacies are done so with integrity, they’re delicious, and I’m proud to support their work.